המנהלים: yoav, iCount - Ido, iCount, doron

Elliot
משתמש חדש
הודעות: 3
הצטרף: א' דצמבר 22, 2019 3:08 pm

which tax receipt?

הודעהעל ידי Elliot » א' דצמבר 22, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi,
I'm new at this, just signed up today (and apologies for posting in English).
Just signed up with iCount. I'm an independent, with a small consulting side business.
Until now, I've had books of tax receipts printed up. I've requested payment from clients, received payment, and only then issued a tax receipt from the book. Due to some bad experiences, I've hand delivered these receipts, or faxed or scanned/emailed them with immediate follow-up.
Which of the form options in iCount is appropriate for me? I thought it would be "Tax Invoice/Receipt", but there does not appear to be an option for payment received, only for specifying payment method. The only form and record keeping I need (for now) is the ability to handle a heshbonit mas.
And how would I continue getting receipts to print out and hand deliver, rather than relying on iCount email?
Thanks in advance.

iCount
צוות תמיכה
צוות תמיכה
הודעות: 3392
הצטרף: ה' נובמבר 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: which tax receipt?

הודעהעל ידי iCount » ב' דצמבר 23, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi Ellito
Heshbonit Mas Kabala is for AFTER you have already been paid.
Heshbonit Mas is if you HAVEN'T been aid yet.

I suggest you cosult with your accountant on this issue.

You can definitely print out whatever you want from the system, but it's not what we recommend. Email is better :)

Elliot
משתמש חדש

הודעהעל ידי Elliot » ב' דצמבר 23, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I know that the heshbonit mas kabala (tax invoice/receipt) is for after payment is received, and that is what I want. However, in both the English and Hebrew versions on iCount, the text under "Items" indicates "amount to be paid", not "amount paid". The payments field, which appears below, and is part of "Payment Options", cannot be filled in directly, but depends on the choice of option, and none of these is suitable -- my client has already made a direct bank deposit. Despite the document title, it still appears to be a sort of bill rather than receipt.

What I'm looking for is the equivalent of the old style printed receipt book, where, after payment is received, I issue the heshbonit mas kabala, which may also list details of the payment already made (account deposited into, client's check number, etc.). So I'd like the "Payment" field to indicate the amount already paid, and no indication of "Amount to Pay". I can enter additional details in the "Comment" field manually.

Apologies if the "Create Document" button and software is smart enough to do this for me. It would be nice to have a sandbox to test out the software, for us newbies.

(And yes, email is usually better for sending bills & receipts. But I have the burn marks to show that, often, paper is better.)

Thanks again,
Elliot

Elliot
משתמש חדש

הודעהעל ידי Elliot » ג' דצמבר 24, 2019 1:59 pm

It worked, excellent! I misinterpreted the message that came up when selecting bank transfer, thought it was to arrange one, not record background info.

I see the system does have a problem with parentheses ending an English text field. I'll be careful to avoid them in future.

Thanks for your help & patience!

חזור אל “שאלות מקצועיות”

מי מחובר

משתמשים הגולשים בפורום זה: אין משתמשים רשומים ו־ 2 אורחים